Lawsuits are coming. Its not if - it's when.
As our world becomes increasingly digital, it's more important than ever to create inclusive and accessible digital experiences that cater to users with different abilities. In this blog post, we'll explore the importance of inclusive and accessible design and how Apex49 is committed to ensuring that websites and apps are usable by everyone.
Inclusive and accessible design focuses on providing a seamless and enjoyable user experience for people with varying physical, cognitive, and sensory abilities. By considering the diverse needs of users, businesses can create digital products that are not only compliant with accessibility standards like the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) but also foster a sense of belonging and inclusivity for all users.
At Setsail, we believe that inclusive and accessible design is not just a moral imperative but also a smart business decision. By designing digital experiences that cater to all users, businesses can tap into a broader market, improve customer satisfaction, and demonstrate their commitment to social responsibility.
To achieve this goal, our team at Setsail employs various strategies, including:
- Adhering to WCAG guidelines: Ensuring that our designs meet the internationally recognized accessibility standards.
- Keyboard navigation: Designing websites and apps that can be fully navigated using a keyboard for users who are unable to use a mouse or touch screen.
- ARIA landmarks and roles: Incorporating ARIA landmarks and roles to make our digital products more compatible with screen readers and other assistive technologies.
- Flexible font sizes and contrast ratios: Designing text and visuals with adjustable font sizes and appropriate contrast ratios to accommodate users with visual impairments.
- Accessible media: Providing captions, transcripts, and audio descriptions for multimedia content to ensure that it's accessible for all users.